Wednesday, 3 December 2008

MindJet Mind Manager

Write a few lines on each of these questions.
1. What is the most important (or useful) thing you have learned in this session on Mindmanager?
2. Is there anything still unclear ? If so be specific.
3. How do you think you will use MindManager or get your students to use Mindmanager?
4. Now you have seen this online one minute paper in use, will this encourage you to try this form of classroom assessment technique?

Please click on the comments link at the bottom of this post to type your answers. Never commented before? If you have a google account (you will if you have a blog set up for your supported experiments) select Google/Blogger and sign in using the email address and password you created the account with. If not choose anonymous (but please remember to add your name to the comment)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. How to make image files of mindmaps
2. No
3. I will use mindmanager for organising my Career Academies work
4. Yes...it seems to be a good idea..without needing to accumulate lots of unwanted paper.

Anonymous said...

I've learnt what can be achieved using mindmanager - I didn't realise you could add hyperlinks etc. I also like the brainstorming feature - useful in teaching. I like the idea of the one-minute paper but ... my ESOL students would struggle to do something like this in one minute and I think the trainees on teacher training courses might find it a bit tedious to do it after every session. Maybe sometimes?

mxs said...

1. How to get started with Mind Manager and to export into a picture format
2. No, but I will want to experiment with the product
3. For strategy developmet, team meetings and presentations
4. Yes (if/when I get to do some teaching!)

Anonymous said...

1 Different layouts, Moving subtopics
brainstorming
2 inserting hyperlinks
3 use as overviews,to helpstudents plan assignments,
brainstorms
4 possibly but need to revise how to set it up
Really useful session thanks Wendy
Corinne

jennie kitteringham said...

I have learnt about the structure of mind mapping and how they can assist with planning, sorting and recording ideas. I think I will have to work on this programme so I can develop my skills and confidence.
My Sup Ex is to develop students note making skills. I can show them how to use this format in terms of their planning and for structuring their tasks and ideas. I use something similar to one minute paper at the end of sessions. A very enjoyable and useful session. Thanks.

wendypeskett said...

Hi Jennie,

I know you use the one minute paper, it was you I borrowed the idea from in the first place when you taught me on the 7307.
Wendy