Friday, 7 November 2008

MindJet MindManager

Write a few lines on each of these questions.
1. What is the most important (or useful) thing you have learned in this session on Mindmanager?

2. Is there anything still unclear ? If so be specific.

3. How do you think you will use MindManager or get your students to use Mindmanager?

4. Now you have seen this online one minute paper in use, will this encourage you to try this form of classroom assessment technique?

Please click on the comments link at the bottom of this post to type your answers. Never commented before? If you have a google account (you will if you have a blog set up for your supported experiments) select Google/Blogger and sign in using the email address and password you created the account with. If not choose anonymous (but please remember to add your name to the comment)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Learning how to use the Mindmanager program was great. I will be using it regularly from now on. The most useful thing was being able to export it to PowerPoint.

The session was very clear.

The map I designed today will be used for my adults next week and also my 16-19year olds who are starting Database.

I use the one minute paper already, but I would like to try it like this!

Brilliant! And thank you.

Anonymous said...

1. Applying a learning tool in many contexts.
2. Yes but the session has made me keen.
3. As a learning tool to cater for differentiation.
4. I am very committed to using this asap

Tony James

Anonymous said...

1. how to use mind manager in a presentation
2. there were lots of icon options, which will take time to practise and absorb.
3. may be beneficial for higher level students.
4. at the moment - no, but possibilities for the future

Janis

Anonymous said...

1. How to use mindmapping as a method of generating and recording ideas.

2. Yes - how to link between topics/subtopics

3. Use as an alternative to whiteboard so that ss can retain a record of ideas generated in session.

4. Yes.

Nicki Kelly

Anonymous said...

Using the mindmaps on the computer have been great hopefully I can can to use it another time.

Not really its been well explained but I,m not sure if I'll remember it all, but I'm feeling confident.

Not at this college and we do not have it on our system.

Have to think about this one

Jacqui Dawkins

Anonymous said...

1. That it can be used to create powerpoint slides.
2. How much the software costs to get my college to buy it!
3. I'd love to use it in lots of ways - to very quickly produce visually appealing maps of topics and slides / handout; to record class ideas in brainstorm and then order them / assign them togethe.
4. I may do if it was available in my college (I don't believe it is).

Anonymous said...

It helps students to take active participation on the lesson

It makes teaching very easy for me and motivational for the learners

I will use some forms of blogging with my students.

I will definitely use the one minute assessment technique with my students.

Wendy, this is GREAT.

Anonymous said...

I have been using Mindjet for the past 2/3 years but there was new topics which I will use.
1 Notes
2 Hyperlink
3 Colour
3 Teaching

I will need to practice more to implement the new learnings.

I will get students to use the brianstorming to creat mindmap

One minute paper may help but without trying I will not commite myself

Anonymous said...

1. It does what it says on the package and the brainstorming option is particularly effective for attributing ideas to learners in an organised manner.

2. Nothing was unclear about the operational aspects but the process and application require careful consideration, but it remains an exciting tool.

3. Initially, Bob and I(Peter) think we will use it to organise our thoughts on the topic before rushing in and giving the learners an over complex and potentially difficult situation. For lower level learners simplification is important and for high order learners fluency of operation is required as the questions about operational aspects might come thick and fast as they did for Wendy.

4. Not enough time for reflection and giving an answer to this question. It obviously works for higher order learners like wot Bob and me is.

THANKS WENDY FOR A THOUGHT PROVOKING SESSION AND FOR KEEPING ORDER. XX